Participating in Research - North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My HealtheVet badge

Participating in Research

Returning Service Members
If you are a returning Veteran seeking grants/housing assistance, please contact our OEF/OIF Staff.


Malcom Randall VA Medical Center

Stephen E. Nadeau, M.D., Associate Chief of Staff

Michael Merritt,  Administrative Officer

Parking Map Malcom Randall VAMC


        Non-VA Funding of VA Research, Indirect Cost, and VERA, Allocations
        Handbook for Prospective VA Investigators

        VA Clinical Database Research



Information for participating in research:

 I'm a Veteran, should I participate in research?


View a copy of the Brochure:

"I'm a Veteran, should I participate in Research?" (PDF)



Links to Resources for Participants in Research

  •** offers up-to-date information for locating federally and privately supported clinical trials for a wide range of diseases and conditions. A clinical trial (also clinical research) is a research study in human volunteers to answer specific health questions. Interventional trials determine whether experimental treatments or new ways of using known therapies are safe and effective under controlled environments. Observational trials address health issues in large groups of people or populations in natural settings.  Before searching, you may want to learn more about clinical trials.**


If you have comments, questions or concerns in regards to participating in research,
please contact the HRPP Office -


** Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs web site. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked web sites. The link will open in a new window.


NF/SGVHS Research Centers

BRRC (Brain Rehabilitation Research Center)
CINDRR (Center of Innovation on Disability and Rehabilitation Research)
GRECC (Geriatric Research Education & Clinical Center)
COHIC (National Center for Occupational Health and Infection Control)

Additional Links

Resources for Investigators
VA Research & Development Service
Office of Research Oversight
National Institutes of Health (NIH)***
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services***
Food and Drug Administration***
The President's Council on Bioethics***

If you are experiencing a medical emergency or in need of immediate crisis counseling, please go to your nearest medical facility's emergency room or call 911. If you are in need of immediate crisis counseling, please contact the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Press 1; counselors are available 24/7 to help.

*** Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs web site to another U.S. government site. The link will open in a new window.

* VA is committed to protecting your privacy - please review our Privacy Policy.

In particular, please note that e-mail communication may not be secure against interception across the Internet.  Please do not include sensitive information such as medical records or financial information, drug prescriptions, or your social security number.

Back to Top