North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
Sergeant Ernest I. "Boots" Thomas VA Clinic
General Facility Information
The Sergeant Ernest I. “Boots” Thomas VA Clinic is designed to enhance access to health care for Veterans residing in the surrounding rural areas. As the healthcare system continuously works to transform delivery of care for Veterans in North Florida and South Georgia, this facility not only meets the needs of Veterans today, but assist in facing the challenges of tomorrow.
The VA Clinic provides a broad range of general and specialized medical, dental, surgical, psychiatric, nursing and ancillary services. This clinic serves acute and chronically ill eligible Veterans. Our Veteran patient population requires a complexity of care that ranges from minor health care needs to urgent care. Veterans requiring hospitalization are assessed, stabilized and transferred to either local facilities or to the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center according to the urgency of their needs. Procedures or specialty care not provided by this clinic are referred to the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center (Gainesville).
- In October 2016, the Tallahassee VA Outpatient Clinic (OPC) moved to its current location.
- In 2018, the clinic was rededicated and named the Sergeant Ernest I. “Boots” Thomas VA Clinic.
- Since then, the Sergeant Ernest I. “Boots” Thomas VA Clinic has experienced continued growth in both the number of individual Veterans accessing the facility and number of appointments requested and completed.
- As of March 2021, more than 12,000 Veterans were enrolled to receive care at the Sergeant Ernest I. “Boots” Thomas VA Clinic.
- The clinic is approximately 150,000 sq. ft.
- The facility offers ample patient parking.
- Clinic hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Services Available to Veterans
- Clinical Video Telehealth Services
- Counseling Services
- Lab Work
- Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Social Work
- Substance Abuse Services
- Women’s Health
For Pharmacy requests call 850-513-7119. Veterans may also request medications mailed.
About the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
The North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System (NF/SGVHS) is one of the nation’s leading VA health care systems, employing more than 5,800 medical professionals and support staff dedicated to providing the very best care to Veterans residing in North Florida and South Georgia. The organization is the second busiest VA health care system in the country in terms of patients served and is accredited by The Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and several other nationally recognized accrediting organizations. The NF/SGVHS operates fourteen facilities to include the medical center located in Gainesville and Lake City and outpatient clinics located in Jacksonville, Marianna, Middleburg, Ocala, Palatka, Perry, St. Augustine, St. Marys, Tallahassee, The Villages, Valdosta, and Waycross.
To learn more:
-Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VANFSG
-Follow us on Instagram at www.instagram.com/VANFSG