North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
General Facility Information
The Malcom Randall VA Medical Center is a tertiary care facility that also serves as an active teaching hospital with an array of specialty services and state-of-the-art technology. As the healthcare system continuously works to transform delivery of care for Veterans in North Florida and South Georgia, this state-of-the-art facility will not only meet the needs of Veterans today but assist in facing the challenges of tomorrow.
- In October 1967, the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center (VAMC) welcomed its first patients.
- Since then, the Malcom Randall VAMC has experienced continued growth in both the number of individual Veterans accessing the facility and number of appointments requested and completed.
- As of March 2021, more than 15,000 Veterans were actively receiving primary care at the Malcom Randall VAMC.
- The building’s newest addition is a five-story patient bed tower with approximately 245,000 square feet to add to its existing building.
- The facility offers ample patient parking.
- The medical center’s hours of operation are 24/7.
- As of January 2021, the Malcom Randall VAMC outperformed both major hospitals in Gainesville in patient survey ratings.
Services Available to Veterans
- Caregiver Support
- Clinical Video Telehealth Services
- Counseling Services
- Geriatrics and Extended Care
- Lab Work
- Mental Health
- Nutrition Counseling
- Pain Management
- Primary Care
- PTSD Services
- Social Work
- Substance Abuse Services
- Women's Health
The Malcom Randall VAMC is located in Gainesville, Florida on the south side of Archer Road, approximately 3 miles east of I-75 (Exit 384), directly across the street from Shands at the University of Florida.
- Free on premises
Map to VAMC
About the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
The North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System (NF/SGVHS) is one of the nation’s leading VA healthcare systems, employing more than 5,800 medical professionals and support staff dedicated to providing the very best care to Veterans residing in North Florida and South Georgia. The organization is the second busiest VA health care system in the country in terms of patients served and is accredited by The Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and several other nationally recognized accrediting organizations. The NF/SGVHS operates fourteen facilities to include the medical center located in Gainesville and Lake City and outpatient clinics located in Jacksonville, Marianna, Middleburg, Ocala, Palatka, Perry, St. Augustine, St. Marys, Tallahassee, The Villages, Valdosta, and Waycross.
To learn more:
-Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VANFSG
-Follow us on Instagram at www.instagram.com/VANFSG.