VA » Health Care » North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System » Features
North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
- Direct Scheduling for Oncology
- Eligible, not enrolled Veterans with active cancer are now able to request an Oncology consult with a simple phone call. This makes scheduling specialty care services faster and easier for Veterans.
- Free Wi-Fi Now Available for Veterans & Visitors
- The free Wi-Fi now available at the Malcom Randall & Lake City VAMC's main buildings allows Veterans and visitors to stay in touch with family and friends during their visits and hospital stays.
- Ask A Pharmacist Web App
- Veterans: Do you have questions about your VA medications or pharmacies? The new Ask A Pharmacist mobile app can help! It answers basic questions and Veterans can access the app on any mobile device.
- Be Hurricane Prepared
- The 2016 hurricane season is here. Are you ready? Read on for a personal preparedness checklist, medication tips and if you are an enrolled Veteran, pharmacy contact information for your local VA facility.
- Veterans Health Library
- The Veterans Health Library offers 24/7 access to comprehensive, Veteran-focused health information with fact sheets, videos, guides, interactive quizzes and more.
- Sexual Wellness: It's Good For Your Health
- Sexual health is not just good for your relationships, it's good for your overall health. Read about the sexual health-related services available to Veterans enrolled in our healthcare system.
- VA Researcher’s Virtual World Helps Veterans Heal
- Dr. Charles Levy, an award-winning researcher at the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, is using a virtual grocery store to help combat Veterans return to their communities better able to cope with everyday life.
- Know Your Health Numbers
- Knowing your key health numbers helps you and your VA health care team take steps to keep them in healthy ranges. Read about how to assess your risk for chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
- What You Should Know About Advance Directives
- An Advance Directive helps your doctors and family members understand your wishes for medical and mental health care if you are too ill to decide for yourself. Do you have one?
- Tri-County Veterans Health Fair
- The 8th Annual Tri-County Veterans Health Fair will provide free health screenings and enrollment information to help Veterans increase their health awareness and make healthy life choices.