North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
Professionally we serve...Personally we care.
Women Veterans Clinic
We are committed to meeting the unique needs of Women Veterans by delivering the highest quality health care while offering privacy, dignity and sensitivity to gender-specific needs that are deserved. The Women's Primary Care Clinic offers a full continuum of comprehensive medical services for our Women Veterans.
Local: 352-376-1611 ext. 107474
Lake City VAMC
Local: 386-755-3016 ext. 393116
Complete annual physical examinations, including pelvic and breast exams
Screening for breast, cervical and colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, elevated cholesterol and diabetes
Family planning and contraceptive care, maternity care referral, infertility evaluation and referral, and menopause treatment
Mental health/psychiatric services including treatment for domestic violence, PTSD, and sexual trauma, including military sexual trauma
Coordination of specialty care services
Patient education on health promotion, health maintenance,and management of chronic conditions
Note: Equitable health care services that our System is unable to provide in-house are provided by fee basis, consultant, academic affiliate, or contract services.
For more information on Women Veterans Services, please contact:
Cheryl Tillman, RN, BSN, MHR
Women Veterans Program Manager
Toll Free: 1-800-324-8387, ext. 104064
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA Medical Center nationwide to assist women Veterans and coordinate services. Women Veterans who are interested in receiving care at VA should contact the nearest VA Medical Center.
Women Veterans are assigned to a designated Women’s Health Primary Care Provider who can provide general primary care and is specially trained or experienced in women’s care.
Whole Health - It's All About You
VA’s Whole Health System offers women Veterans proactive and personalized health care—empowering you to achieve your greatest level of health and well-being. Whole Health means the Whole You. From integrative health approaches like stress reduction, nutrition, and health coaching, to traditional clinical care and complementary health approaches—your journey to Whole Health starts here.
Proactive, integrative health approaches such as:
- Health coaching
- Mind-body therapies and stress reduction
- Nutrition and weight management
- Peer support and community resources
- Programs to stop smoking
- Physical therapy and chiropractic services
You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). A provider, nurse, and others will engage with you to manage your health care.
- Primary care: includes general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: includes immunizations and cancer screenings, such as mammogram, Pap, and colonoscopy
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control
- Family planning and preconception counseling
- Maternity and newborn care (first 7 days after birth)
- Osteoporosis screening and management
Gynecology Health Services
Evaluation and treatment for:
- Abnormal Pap test
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Gynecologic cancers
Evaluation, counseling, and treatment for:
- Depression, mood, and anxiety disorders
- Alcohol and drug use and addiction
- Coping with illness
- Intimate partner violence/sexual and domestic abuse
- Military sexual trauma (MST)
- Parenting and caregiver concerns
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Stress adjustment from deployment
- Management of chronic or complex conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and fibromyalgia, as well as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis
- Surgery programs available at most Medical Centers
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy
VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, exercise therapy, recreational therapy, and vocational therapy.