North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
Professionally we serve...Personally we care.
Women Veterans Clinic
We are committed to meeting the unique needs of Women Veterans by delivering the highest quality health care while offering privacy, dignity and sensitivity to gender-specific needs that are deserved. The Women's Primary Care Clinic offers a full continuum of comprehensive medical services for our Women Veterans.
Local: 352-376-1611 ext. 7474
Lake City VAMC
Local: 386-755-3016 ext. 3116
- Complete annual physical examinations, including pelvic and breast exams
- Screening for breast, cervical and colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, elevated cholesterol and diabetes
- Family planning and contraceptive care, maternity care referral, infertility evaluation and referral, and menopause treatment
- Mental health/psychiatric services including treatment for domestic violence, PTSD, and sexual trauma, including military sexual trauma
- Coordination of specialty care services
- Patient education on health promotion, health maintenance,and management of chronic conditions
Note: Equitable health care services that our System is unable to provide in-house are provided by fee basis, consultant, academic affiliate, or contract services.
For more information on Women Veterans Services, please contact:
Cheryl Tillman, RN, BSN, MHR
Women Veterans Program Manager
Toll Free: 1-800-324-8387, ext. 4064
Our Women Veterans Program Manager advises and advocates for women Veterans. She can help coordinate all the services you may need, from primary care to specialized care for chronic conditions or reproductive health. VA health care for women Veterans includes:
- General care includes health evaluation and counseling, disease prevention, nutrition counseling, weight control, smoking cessation, and substance abuse counseling and treatment as well as gender-specific primary care, such as cervical cancer screens (Pap smears), breast cancer screens (mammograms), birth control, preconception counseling, Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, menopausal support (hormone replacement therapy).
- Mental health includes evaluation and assistance for issues such as depression, mood, and anxiety disorders; intimate partner and domestic violence; sexual trauma; elder abuse or neglect; parenting and anger management; marital, caregiver, or family-related stress; and post-deployment adjustment or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST). Women-and men as well-may experience repeated sexual harassment or sexual assault during their military service. Special services are available to women who have experienced MST. VA provides free, confidential counseling and treatment for mental and physical health conditions related to MST. More information is available about MST from the national Women Veterans Health Care program and the VHA Office of Mental Health.
- Management and screening of chronic conditions includes heart disease, diabetes, cancer, glandular disorders, osteoporosis, and fibromyalgia as well as sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS and hepatitis. Reproductive health care includes maternity care, infertility evaluation and limited treatment; sexual problems, tubal ligation, urinary incontinence, and others. VA is prohibited by legislative authority from providing either in-vitro fertilization or abortion services.
- Rehabilitation, homebound, and long-term care. VA referrals are given to those in need of rehabilitation therapies such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, exercise therapy, recreational therapy, and vocational therapy. Homebound and long-term care services are available as well, limited to those meeting specific requirements.