North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
To Schedule an Appointment for a COVID-19 Vaccine
Verify and/or Cancel Your Appointment
To verify or cancel an existing appointment, please call the clinic where your appointment is scheduled (list of contact numbers below ).
We are working hard to be sure that Veterans get appointments promptly and are seen without delay. You can help by:
being on time for appointments;
calling us if you have to cancel or will be late for an appointment;
coming early if you need to have blood tests, X-rays, EKGs, or other tests done before you see the doctor;
bringing in test results, especially if you had the tests done someplace else - your doctor will want to see the actual X-ray, MRI, or CAT scan films.
Changing Your Appointment
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware you cannot make your appointment. This will allow us to reschedule you sooner as well as schedule one of your fellow veterans for the original appointment date and time. Please call the clinic where your appointment is scheduled (list of contact numbers below ).
Who to Call
To make, change, or cancel an appointment, call the listed phone number provided below during regular business hours. If you are calling after hours or on weekends, please call our Telephone Triage number at 877-741-3400.
Location of Appointment
|Gainesville VA Medical Center||
800-324-8387, Press 2
|Lake City VA Medical Center||
800-308-8387, ext. 392465
|Compensation and Pension||
|Jacksonville (main OPC/N. Jefferson St.)||
|Jacksonville Substance Abuse Treatment Team||
|Jacksonville University Blvd. (Memorial Health Plaza)||
Ocala West (Specialty)
|Optometry Clinic (Gainesville/SW 64th St.)||
800-324-8387, ext. 107090
|Primary Care Dermatology (Gainesville/SW 64th St.)||
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.