North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
The Villages VA Clinic
General Facility Information
The Villages Veterans Affairs (VA) Outpatient Clinic (OPC) is designed to enhance access to health care for Veterans residing in the surrounding rural areas. As the health care system continuously works to transform delivery of care for Veterans in North Florida and South Georgia, this facility not only meets the needs of Veterans today but assist in facing the challenges of tomorrow.
The Villages Outpatient Clinic provides a broad range of general medical services for the primary care patient, as well as a variety of specialty care services. This clinic serves acute and chronically ill eligible Veterans. Our Veteran patient population requires a complexity of care that ranges from minor health care needs to urgent care. Veterans requiring hospitalization are assessed, stabilized and transferred to either local facilities or to the Gainesville VA Medical Center according to the urgency of their needs. Procedures or specialty care not provided by this clinic are referred to the Gainesville VA Medical Center.
- Since originally opening in The Villages in October 2010, The Villages OPC has experienced continued growth in both the number of individual Veterans accessing the facility and number of appointments requested and completed.
- As of January 2021, nearly 15,700 Veterans were enrolled to receive care.
- The clinic is approximately 95,000 sq. ft.
- The design of the interior of the building was constructed to meet VA’s Patient Aligned Care Team model which will help improve the efficiency of services provided and customer service.
- Since the clinic’s opening, The Villages OPC has added GI procedures, battlefield acupuncture, primary care dermatology, joint injections, and telehealth clinics.
- Clinic hours of operation are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Services Available to Veterans
- Dental Services
- Diabetes Self-Management Education
- *Evaluation (Clinical Access Unit)
- Home Based Primary Care
- Hypertension Management
- Lipids Management
- Medication Refill
- Mental Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Patient Education
- Physical Therapy
- Podiatry/Wound Care
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitative Medicine
- Sleep Clinic
- Social Work
- Telephone Triage
- Telehealth for multiple disciplines
- Vocational Counseling
- Whole Health
- Women's Health
- Wound Care - Podiatry
- Ophthalmologic Laser Procedures
- Joint Injections
- Battlefield Acupuncture
- and many more
- Hearign Testing
- Holter Monitor
- Psychodiagostic Testing
- Diagnostic Imaging (General Radiology, CT, MRI, Ultrasound Laboratory)
- Visual Field Testing
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Mon-Fri. Prescriptions are also mailed to Veterans
FROM THE NORTH (OCALA)
Proceed east on US-441 / US-27. At C.R. 42, make right hand turn. Drive approximately 1.0 mile. At red light, turn left onto SE 89th Sweetwater Terrace. After stop sign, proceed straight ahead into The Villages VA Outpatient Clinic parking lot.
FROM THE WEST (LEESBURG)
Proceed west on US-27. At C.R. 42, make a left hand turn. Drive approximately 1.0 mile. At red light, turn left onto SE 89th Sweetwater Terrace. After stop sign, proceed straight ahead into The Villages VA Outpatient Clinic parking lot.
Maps to Clinic
- Free on premises