VA » Health Care » North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System » Features
North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
- New Dementia Screening Shows Promise
- “The new screening has shown to improve patient outcomes without significantly increasing workload & has resulted in a decrease in treatment costs for patients,” said Jocelyn Almazan RN, The Villages Outpatient Clinic.
- Immunotherapy treatment for Veterans with Leukemia
- Army Veteran John Ellis is the first patient at NF/SGVHS to be treated with this Immunotherapy approach for Leukemia and has successfully completed his first phase of the treatment process.
- Employees Lead in Innovative Practices
- The NF/SGVHS is part of the Veterans Health Administration’s Innovators Network & is one of 36 sites recognized as a national hub focused on improving care for Veterans using innovative and shareable practices.
- Tai Chi Offered at NF/SGVHS
- To date, over 1,300 Tai Chi appointments have been scheduled for face to face classes, and over 224 VA Video Connect Tai Chi appointments have been provided to Veterans interested in the program.
- Calling All Veteran Artists!!!
- Calling all Veteran Artists (Art, creative writing, dance, drama, and music) to send submissions for the local Art Showcase and National Creative Arts Festival. Deadline to submit is Friday, August 27, 2021.
- Data Published Highlight Quality of Care at NF/SG
- Receiving a 4 out of 5 patient survey star rating illustrates how patient’s rate their experiences at NF/SGVHS and is an aspect of hospital quality that helps other Veterans choose where they receive their health care.
- Veterans: How Can VA Improve Your Health Care?
- The VA Sunshine Healthcare Network (VISN 8) is hosting public virtual listening sessions the second week of June to hear from Veterans on how to design a health care system of the future and grow services for Veterans.
- Our Fight Against COVID-19 Continues
- Our health care teams at North Florida/ South Georgia Veterans Health System (NF/SGVHS) have earned that trust, working on the frontlines to provide care to those most in need.
- Veteran Receives Medical Advice on the Go
- Through VA Health Chat, Veterans enrolled for care at a VA facility in VISN 8 may chat online with Clinical Contact Center staff to ask nonurgent health questions, schedule appointments, ask about prescriptions, & more.
- VA Administers COVID-19 Vaccines to Rural Veterans
- To increase vaccination efforts to rural Veterans, the health system repurposed its Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center (GRECC) Education Mobile Unit to transport the COVID-19 vaccine to the clinic.