VA » Health Care » North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System » Features
North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System
- Paying Tribute to Vietnam Veterans
- Saturday, February 1 everyone is invited to attend a free family event that will start with a Patriotic Tribute Ride at the Malcom Randall VAMC; kick stands up at 10:30 a.m. The ride will end at Veterans Memorial Park.
- NF/SGVHS to go Smoke Free October 1!!!
- We are going smoke-free! All VA health care facilities will implement a smoke-free policy for all employees, patients, visitors, contractors, volunteers, and vendors beginning October 1, 2019.
- Marine Corps Veteran Takes Home Gold
- Local Marine Corp Veteran participates in power lifting, team relay, Javelin, shop put, Slalom, Super G Spartan obstacle racing, and wheelchair distance racing during the 30th Veterans Wheelchair Games
- Delivering High-Quality Cancer Care in the VA
- To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans.
- Be Informed. Make a Plan. Be Ready.
- In a matter of minutes, the powerful winds produced by a #hurricane can rip roofs off buildings, topple trees, cause massive flooding, and even cause death. Learn how you can be #BeReady for #HurricaneSeason
- Occupational Hazard - Disruptive Behavior in Pts
- While private or other public health care organizations can refuse care for patients who have displayed disruptive behavior (DB), the VA response does not refuse to care for Veterans who display DB.
- Veterans Health Matters
- The Spring 2019 cover feature and living well video focuses on diabetes management. Read about the important diabetes self-care practices. One in four Veterans who seek VA health care services has diabetes.
- Vietnam Veterans Tribute 2019
- Saturday, March 30th you're invited to the Alachua County Veterans Memorial Park 11:00 am to celebrate Vietnam Veterans; motorcycle parade leaves from the Malcom Randall VAMC at 9:30am.
- Self-Referral Direct Scheduling- Clinical Pharmacy
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has launched Patient Self-Referral Direct Scheduling (PSDS) for PACT Clinical Pharmacy Specialist appointments at the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System.
- Direct Scheduling for Oncology
- Eligible, not enrolled Veterans with active cancer are now able to request an Oncology consult with a simple phone call. This makes scheduling specialty care services faster and easier for Veterans.